Today I realised something new.
I lack confidence. I mean, I already knew that but my reason for these feelings are new to me.
I have always told myself "I would do that if I wasn't fat or I could do that if I wasn't fat or I should do that but I'm fat".
It has been my biggest all tine excuse to do nothing!
I think I have always been a little reserved and shy, and i like that. I am happy with that. But somewhere along the way I have used a personality trait to create a new safety net. I no longer gave to step out of my comfort zone and try new things if I gave an actual physical reason why I can't do something.
I don't know if this makes sense to anyone or not.
Today, I decided that I will not say no. I will not panic at the thought of a new challenge, big or small. I can try, I can aim and I can do.
I have a enormous fear of flying that I started to tackle in may last year. I completed a fear of flying course with qantas and I flew with the class to Sydney and back. It was huge and it was tough. I then flew to Adelaide with my husband two months later, and again it was hard. Infact mentally exhausting and I needed a rest. It took me weeks to get over the stress and fear. I have not flown since and am struggling to get back in the right mindset to get back on the horse.
Now I have a finale party that I would dearly love to attend. New 12wbtrs there to support me. And I want to do it...I don't know.... But I do know that I want this battle to be over.
I want to believe the strength that is building inside of me will be enough to get me on the road, or the sky, to really take controll of my fears.
No comments:
Post a Comment