So after an early night last night I'm feeling guite good this morning. I've re read my last post and tried to clear the air with myself.
I think(well, I know), that I have concerns about the 4.2km run I am doing in 2 weeks. There are several things that are worrying me. Can I do it, will I get myself too anxious, will I need to wee, will I find a park, find the girls blah it goes on.
I worry that I am spending too much time on the weekends away from my family, Jells each Saturday, Pump class this Sunday the run the following Sunday. I am telling myself that I'm never usually this busy away from family but it just worked out that way this month, it will settle.
And I think I am anxious that I am 39 and maybe I can't achieve like many of the younger girls, even if I do commit 100%.
in saying all that, I refuse to let old demons (fear and anxiety) take over and stop me from living and achieving.
I will push on, try hard and gain my own respect and pride! I will and I am!
Georgia
ReplyDeleteI also know what you mean about 'keeping up with the youngsters...' I'm 43 and often compare myself to those 20 years younger doing so much more.
I don't have a family so don't know what you are going through in terms of balance with your family but I can't help but think your kids would enjoy seeing how happy you are because of your achievements... and thinking about what Mish said in the latest video about how our kids mirror themselves on our behaviour etc.
I'm sure you give most of your time to your family and they wouldn't begrudge you some time to keeping fit and healthy.
Having said that I SO get what you mean when stressing about your upcoming run. But - as someone who got stuck at C25k Week 2 I'm really impressed you are attempting a 4km run... so GO GIRL!
Deb