Wednesday, 12 October 2011

I ran 5.09km

Now this is huge coz I've never run in my life.
Yesterday afternoon I ran 5.09km in 47 minutes. I did not stop, I did not falter. The last 5 or so minutes were tough, the hips and legs had little left.
I wasnt sure how far I had run as I felt it was better to get the time done first, rather than the distance but I knew that to get to 4km I would need to run probably 40 minutes, so that's what I set out to do.
I bought a new Addidas tshirt, a spy belt and some iTunes songs ( so yes, it was an expensive run), but I didn't want any excuses when things got tough.

I can actually say, I loved it. I remember emmylou saying weeks ago in a tweet that she may or may not have punched the air! Well Em, I did punch the air, twice, coz I was so freaking happy with myself!
Today, I am still happy and a little excited about my effort. My legs are very tired, quite a different feeling than I have had before, its like they have lost some strength, they will get right by tomorrow.
I love my progression with my physical fitness as I never thought I would achieve what I am, and I know there is even more to come, which makes me the happiest I've ever been!

1 comment:

  1. Very impressive. I started the C25k program and thought the first week (8 x 1 minute runs) was very doable. Bizarrely I thought I'd coast through the second week (6 x 1.5min runs) but HATED it. I found it harder than I expected and quit.

    Not sure if I feel like a failure or have decided I'm just not a runner and prefer aerobics classes / circuits etc...

    So... well done. It's a HUGE accomplishment!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete